Seattle, WA, Phone: (425) 890-0214 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Predict and troubleshoot future production issues
- Scheduling artist for assets and tasks deliverables using agile scrum techniques with 100% delivery of all milestones meeting tight deadlines,
- Budget and salaries reviews for greater team performance and retention,
- Responsible for hire, fire and reviews of all team members.
- Review of game design documentation with concept art, helping smooth production for hitting milestones,
- Background in art management for games, including art creation.
- Communication of information (teaching) to fellow team members or students for reviews, mentoring and art critique
- Create open creative direction generating better team dynamics,
- Internship coordinator with various studios
TITLES to Market
1080 Avalanche (Game Cube),
Wave Race – Blue Storm (Game Cube),
Bionic Commando (Game Boy),
Pokemon Attack (N64),
Pokemon Puzzle League (German, French N64)
Machinex (Wii) canceled;
Time Trip; Pyramids;
AstroAlgebra, and ThinkingThings:
World Tour Tennis (PC);
Project Manager, World Machine, GeoGlyph, Substance Designer, Substance Painter, Unity3d, Unreal, Crytek, Maya, 3D Studio Max, Photoshop, Mudbox, Zbrush, Painter, Illustrator, Flash, After Effects, Corel Painter, Premier, Video Fusion, Director, Microsoft Project Manager, World Machine, Quixel Tools, Crazybump, Xnormal, 3D-Coat, MeshLab, Sketchup
Laughing Mountain Productions (freelance) Free Lance Artist 2008 – Present
Indie Game Development – level design and asset development for various companies, Developing Architecture and Contract Builder’s rendering of impending projects, Concept art
Develop smooth and efficient production pipeline. Working to accumulate best practice knowledge for team production efficiency. Develop cross-studio communication for best practice and streamlined pipeline.
- Worked with Unity Terrain builder, World Machine, Google Earth developing look of terrain for concept artists, helping develop the design/game bible for art team production.
- Lighting artist, using HDR technology and physically based rendering tools
- Establishing lighting quality, color palette and texture quality.
- Schedule team
- Working with team in-house to develop the money shots of the games.
- Managed offshore artists, reviewing and giving direction on/for their work for concept and art assets development.
- Worked with artist to developing various texture maps using Quixel and Substance Designer. Establishing the look and feel of the game.
- Accumulated best practice knowledge for team production efficiency.
- Develop cross-studio communication for best practice and streamlined pipeline.
Art Institute of Seattle, Academic Director– Game Art & Design, Media Arts & Anim. Programs, June 2008 – Sept2012
- Revamped department, curriculum, and quality of student work to entry level industry standards – achieving 85% student placement of graduates
- Higher level of communication between faculty and faculty to student, (less gaps in educational material)
- Managing 19 faculty and 413 students in both programs
- Faculty scheduling, budget and salaries reviews
- Designed and rewrote curriculum competencies for building student knowledge base improving student retention and graduation numbers
- Community awareness, development for helping place students in the workforce
- Student advising and quality review of all artwork (portfolio)
- Department speaker
Art Institute of Seattle, Professor in Game Art & Design, Media Arts & Animation
Teaching: Unity3d, Maya game modeling, Photoshop, Mudbox, Zbrush, level design, digital paint, 3d modeling, materials and lighting, 3d game development, texture/UV mapping, lighting and psychology of visual game play.
Nintendo Software Technology Inc., Lead 3D Artist June 1999 – Sept 2008, Redmond ,WA
*Lead 3D Artist
Course design; play/course layout, modeling, lighting, texturing
- Developed process for advanced art development of backgrounds for DS
- Lead background artist for the DS and Wii
- 3D Environments maintained with continual quality control and creativity
- Served as one of the Level Designers for 1080 Avalanche and project Machinex (project cancelled)
Riverdeep, (formerly Edmark), Lead Artist April 1995 – Sept 1998 , Redmond, WA
- Lead Artist managing up to 15 production artists
- Schedule of all deliverables
- Asset management
- Background and 3D artist, also producing introduction, interface, and main screen designs for educational software titles
- Assisted management with art budgets and milestone creation for projects and project pitches
ADDITIONAL FULL-TIME EMPLOYMENT
Washington State University, Pullman, WA Sept 1980 – June 1991
- Scientific graphic designer/illustrator/photographer (1980 -1986)
- Martial Artist & Self Defense Instructor (1982-1989) Physical Education Department
Contract Tradeshow Booth Builder and Designer April 1989 – Nov 1995
Clients: Display Maker Productions Inc, Clark Productions Incorporated; Union Bay, Brice Butler and Associates; Seattle Pacific Industries
- Designed, built and installed dramatic trade-show booths.
- Constructed fine custom cabinetry and signage for store fixtures at point of purchase.
- Washington State University
M.F.A, Major Area of Study: Painting, Graphic Design,
- Fort Wright College, Spokane, WA
B.F.A., Major Area of Study: Painting/Graphics Design, Minor Education
- Cornish School of Allied Arts, Seattle, WA
Senior Effects Artist, Shadow Labs, Austin, TX
cell: (512) 963-1088 email@example.com
CEO of Nimbus Games
cell: (925)-2861137 firstname.lastname@example.org