Laughing Mountain Productions | 2012 – Present
Role: Free Lance Artist Developing Architecture Preview and Developing Interactive Visual Software.
- Create visual representation of architecture projects being developed in Seattle.
- Developing various geological landscapes for interactive GAME software.
- Developing game environments, content (plants, buildings, etc.), lighting, special effects
Art Institute of Seattle | 2008 – 2012
Role: Academic Director of Game Arts and Animation Program
- Faculty scheduling, budget and salaries reviews, curriculum tracking and development, Student advising, quality review of all artwork (portfolio), career service liaison, department speaker. Managing 19 faculty and 413 students in both programs.
- Professor in Game Art & Animation, and Media Arts & Animation.
- Teaching: Unity3d, Maya, Photoshop, Mudbox, Zbrush, level design, digital paint, 3d modeling, materials and lighting, 3d game development, 3d game modeling, texture/UV mapping, lighting and psychology of visual game play.
Nintendo Software Technology Inc., Redmond, WA 1999 – 2008
Role: Lead 3D Artist for:
- Course design; play/course layout and design, 2d and 3d modeling, lighting, texturing
- Developed process for advanced art development of backgrounds for DS.
- Lead background artist for the DS (Bionic Commando) and Wii games.
- Developed and promoted look of product.
- Backgrounds maintained with continual quality control and creativity.
- Served as one of the Environment and Level Designers for 1080 Avalanche and project Machinex (project cancelled).
- Other titles worked on: Wave Race – Blue Storm (Game Cube), Bionic Commando (Game Boy), Pokemon Attack (N64), and Pokemon Puzzle (German, French N64)
Riverdeep, (formerly Edmark), Redmond, WA 1995 – 1998
Role: Lead Artist
- Time Trip; Pyramids; Mighty Math Number Heroes, Astro Algebra, and Thinking Things: Sky Island Mysteries.
- Lead Artist managing up to 15 production artists.
- 2D Background and 3D artist, also producing introduction, interface, and main screen designs for educational software titles, and concept artist.
Electronic Arts, Canada, Burnaby, British Columbia, CANADA 1992 – 1994
Role: Senior Artist
- World Tour Tennis (PC); Soccer (PC); Stunts (PC); Skitchin (Genesis); ‘NBA (PC)
- Project scheduling and budgeting forecast.
- Manage and direct in-house production teams and contract employees.
- Recruiting, promotion, and in-house training video production.
- Promote look and feel of conceptualization; maintained with continual quality control.
Washington State University, Pullman, WA 1980 – 1991
Assistant Professor (1987-1991) Interior Design Dept.Assistant Professor (1987-1991) Interior Design Dept.
- Scientific graphic designer/illustrator/photographer (1980 -1986)
- Martial Artist & Self Defense Instructor (1982-1989) Physical Education Department
- Assistant Professor (1987-1991) Interior Design Dept.